Why Roncy Village?
Whether you are a new pet owner, have recently moved to our neighborhood, or are looking for a second opinion about your pet’s health, we know that choosing a veterinarian is a big decision.
Our caring and skilled veterinary team and full-service clinic are conveniently located near the Roncesvalles, High Park, Dundas West, Bloor West Village, Kingsway, Parkdale, Junction, and Queen West neighbourhoods. We are also honoured to be trusted by pet owners right across Toronto, and regularly welcome pet visitors from other clinics in Toronto, Etobicoke, Mississauga, North York, Scarborough and beyond who come to Roncy Village for laparoscopic spays and other minimally invasive surgeries.
Dr. Mark Kinghorn, Dr. Karen O’Keefe, and Dr. Samantha Miglin care deeply about the dogs and cats in the Roncy Village family, and every member of our team is also a devoted pet parent. Our three veterinarians are trained in several different fields of medicine, including internal medicine, ophthalmology, dermatology, and neurology. We work with you to keep your pets happy and healthy, by providing preventative wellness care, early detection and treatment of disease, and medical care for new and chronic health conditions.
Roncy Village Veterinary Clinic is also equipped to provide a wide range of surgical services and procedures for your cats and dogs, including dental care, preventive surgeries (such as a spay or neuter to prevent pregnancy) and surgeries to address health problems or emergencies (such as removing bladder stones, tumours, or intestinal blockages caused by a pet swallowing a foreign object). Your pet’s comfort and safety are our top priority, which is why all of our surgeries include:
- Pre-surgery blood testing to ensure that your pet is healthy enough for surgery, and can safely go under general anaesthesia
- An IV (intravenous) catheter and IV fluids during their procedure, allowing us to quickly and easily administer medication if needed, and immediately reverse their anaesthesia after surgery, so that they are under for the shortest period possible.
- An expert surgical team including the veterinarian performing the surgery and two veterinary technicians, one of whom is dedicated to monitoring your pet’s blood pressure, heart, respiratory rate, depth of anaesthesia and the amount of oxygen in their bloodstream.
- Pre-measured emergency medication – just in case. While critical complications during surgery are extremely rare, having an IV catheter in place and emergency medication ready allows the surgical team to take life-saving action immediately if an emergency occurs
- A full discharge appointment with one of our veterinary technicians, as well as take-home instructions, so that you know exactly how to help your pet recover from surgery
- Pain medication to keep your pet as comfortable as possible
- A complimentary re-check appointment to ensure that your pet has fully healed and is doing well after their surgery
If you are ready to schedule your pet’s first visit with our team, we would be pleased to assist you by phone at 416-538-8387, or you can Request an Appointment using our web-form. To make your first visit faster and more efficient, please tell us about you and your pets by submitting our New Client Registration Form.
We look forward to meeting you and your pet soon!